I'm Famous!


Tim Smith of Louisville, Ky. takes a ride on his mountain bike through Cherokee Park Saturday, March 8, 2008, in Louisville, Ky.

10 hours ago from AP Photo by Timothy D. Easley


One thing I neglected to mention this morning about my ride was that at one point, while I was rolling along through Cherokee, a red SUV stopped in front of me for a while. No big deal. As I got closer, I realized that the driver was taking my picture. I stopped and we chatted. He works for the AP and was documenting the wintry morning. He then stopped a little further down the road and took it again. I think the 2nd shot is this one. He commented that he wanted more snow in the background, and that he liked my red jacket "popping". I'm sort of giddy. I doubt anything will come of this, but I have professional documentation of my robust effort this morning. And you never know. Maybe I'll be famous. That's all that matters, right?



Comments

Anonymous said…
Cool pic! Lucky duck. We had NO snow day this year. The little snow that fell looked quite lovely in our new neighborhood, but nothing much. We have had phenomenal rains this winter/spring, however -- your blizzard is our torrential rain. Maybe next year will provide us with a photo-op like yours...
--Laura
Doug said…
What do you do when you are in the middle of a blizzard? That's a no-brainer for me, you go for a bike ride!!!!

What fun!!
Frostbike said…
Very cool picture!

Popular Posts