Snow Event

I haven't been on the bike in days and days. So much the worse, it seems that I've been spending it in the car. The boys have started their spring soccer practices, so we've become taxi-driving soccer parents. Yesterday, the good wife picked the boys up from school. I went to tennis practice- yes, we finally had 1 nice, dry day in the last 3 weeks. She took Z to school practice from 3.30-5.30. She had L in the car with her, but forgot his soccer stuff, so...she returned home to get his stuff. She dropped him off at the courts and then proceeded to pick Z up at 5. At roughly 5 I took L to his practice 5.45-7.00. The afternoon was warm and sunny, but by the time L's soccer was in full gear it had dropped to 40F or colder and windy. Frankly, I froze my big fat butt off out there at the fields. L was no better. His hands were cold and his feet too. Oh, and the good wife too Z from his 5.30 end time to his last indoor prac from 6.00-7.00. After these 7.00 practices we convened to spend a gift certificate at Outback. Either my tastes have changed or these fast-food/fine-dining restaurants like Outback and Applebees have really, really degraded in quality. None-the-less the meal cost us $17, and that included a generous tip. The only thing I really like was the Smithwick's, the rest was adequate for a long-ass day.

Today we have a late-winter storm coming in, 2" today and another 4-6" tonight. It's no snow day, though. School is off for an inservice day, which is why I have time to post an inane entry that doesn't deal with bike riding b/c I haven't ridden my bike.

Comments

Popular Posts