toolin' around

Date: May 28 Wed
Mileage: 2 (LHT)- errand to grocery
May mileage: ??
Year to date: 529

Date: May 29 Thurs
Mileage: 2.5 (925)- errand to Bearno's
Mileage: 15 (C'dale)- Cherokee/Seneca
May mileage: ??
Year to date: 546

I'm getting reacquainted with the 2-wheel mode but I'm spending more time right now getting the yard back together. A full Spring of neglect of all home projects has left me much to do, so the last 2 days have been filled with planting, moving, mulching, reconstructing and the like. I did managed both days to use the bike, but I haven't pulled off a nice 2-hour toodle that I need.

One goal for all summer is to make as many local rides as possible. Put differently, anything ridable in the neighborhood- to the grocery, coffee, hardware, etc- I want to bike it. After a spring of trucking I need to give back, so to speak. Wednesday we had yet another full complement of evening activities, so we decided to grill out for lunch, giving us our comida for the day. I rode the LHT to the store to stock up on provisions. Thursday (yesterday), the fam wanted local pizza (Bearno's), so they undertook the "journey" by 4, but I decided to take the fixie over for the brief 2.5-mile trip. Riding home on a full stomach wasn't the most graceful, but it worked.

Not much later after dinner I took another mountainbike ride in the park. I don't understand the allure of the dirt over the road right now, but redundantly I state that the updated trails in the parks are just plain fun. I wore my Princeton ledlight on my helmet for a little bit of help and put in about an hour in both Cherokee and Seneca. I give last night's quickie high marks. Short, sweet, fun and non-injurious.

Comments

Popular Posts