Commute

It felt damn good to have the 1st commute of the new school year. School doesn't officially start for me until next Friday, but like many of us, I have to get in the building well early. Plus, our 17+-yr principal is retiring, so there was a breakfast wingding for her this morning. The rest of the day I spent moving crap. It's not that elegant. I tend to actually do better with a schedule; I'm more productive in the off hours, so it will be good for me.

As for my ride, the morning was completely uneventful except that I had good legs. Right out of the gate I was able to push one sprocket smaller, who knows why. It was really nice, actually. The afternoon was pretty uneventful too except that I had the same front mudguard problem as I've experienced before. B/C of my smallish frame, I experience toe overlap, in this case bashing a shoe against the framework of the fender. It's the SKS/ESGE model that has a breakaway design, which is good. The bad is that it's a bit loosy goosy when you smack it. So, I dismounted and jimmy-ed it up, but it was rubbing just a tad on the left. I smacked it again to get home, but I'm going to loosen all the mounts and get it squared up for the fall commuting season.

Ride on!

Comments

Popular Posts