#4

Yep, another Afib this afternoon. I'm just waiting it out to see if it's gone. It feels that way right now. Factors? I had coffee this morning (several hours before episode). I haven't slept the last 2 nights on my Cpap machine. I lost part of the power cord in NYC, but the new one arrived today. I had a very poor night's sleep last night, so, man, did 2 nights sleep w/out the machine- thereby presupposing lots of apnea- cause such a thing? Can't I just pull a LFoaB and drop 80lbs? Would that help? I know the extra weight is a direct causative agent of the sleep apnea. If I return to sleeping normally, perhaps the Afib will go away. I've struggled with weight issues since I was cognizant of being heavy when I was 8 or 9. I just eat and eat. Strangly, well, not strangly, when I ride more it makes me ravenous. That isn't the least bit strange, but it is quite the Catch-22. Exercise more/Don't lose weight b/c you're so f@#$#g hungry from riding 50m.

I'm bummed and frustrated, although it seems my episode has gone away. Many people live with many episodes, so no reason to be glum, but I am so much less in control of my own health and well-being than I should be. I AM in control, but that creepy little imp on my shoulder certainly seems to have the upper hand in this one. And skinny people who have always been skinny have no clue. Actually, maybe the skinny people with their own addictions have a clue. Right? The smokers, gamblers, drunks, shoppers. Just put the ice cream down. ARGGHHH!!

Comments

The Driver said…
Hey Tex. Sorry to read your afib is still bothering you. Just to let you know, my afib occurrences were more frequent when I was over 300 pounds. I'm now down to 223 as of today and stopped using the cpap machine a little over a month ago and haven't had an afib in about 3 months now. I'm heading towards the 200 mark and don't plan on looking back. LFoaB did it. I'm doing it. Care to join us?
LvilleTex said…
that's what i know, in my heart, that if i dropped the weight it would all work out. gotta get on board, though.
Anonymous said…
Not to be doing product placement or anything here, but I've been doing Weight Watchers for a year and have lost 23 lbs. As they say, it's not a diet, just a way of learning how to eat differently. I think it's quite helpful. Studies have shown it's best for long-term changes in weight (i.e., you don't lose a bunch and then gain it back). And at least at my class, it's probably a third men.

I have a stress test tomorrow myself (before next week's echo and checkup). I know how difficult these heart conditions are. I hope the cpap helps and that you feel better soon...
--Laura
LvilleTex said…
life is difficult. i've known that for a long time, but the "difficult" ebbs and flows with the passage of time and age.

thanks for the WW word. I've heard good things before about that.
Apertome said…
I don't know how much you need to lose, but I lost a good 50 pounds by cycling and eating healthier. I've since gained about 10 of that back but I'm trying to shed it again. Might be harder this time around.

Anyway Sarah and I went on a pretty successful diet together. No crazy diet, just eating fewer calories and eating healthier. I can give you more details if you want.
LvilleTex said…
Apertome, email me your thoughts.

Popular Posts