I'm in

I definitely need some life changes. I'm struggling with different baggage, and my health is the one I have the most control over. I started writing an entry the other day about the frustrations with so many variations of diets floating around these days. And I'm not talking about "Atkins" or "South Beach". I'm dealing with what to eat on a day-to-day basis. Vegetarian? High protein? Low Carb? Organic? Moderation in all things? I do know that ice cream, Cheezitz and excessive peanut butter (lots of calories) can't be part of it. How extreme can I go in cleansing my own body of all the crap in the modern world, while living within the family structure? I don't know, but I have to try. I'm 38 and I don't like heart problems, excessive weight and magic sleep machines, poor balance from lack of fitness, on and on. I don't have the expectations of becoming young again, or of maintaining some type of unreasonable, American notion of perfection. I just want to be healthy and in control of my physical being instead of the cravings controlling me. If you have any insights, opinions, suggestions or cautions, please share.

Comments

Popular Posts