New trails

My 21m errands ride was bisected with a little minor exploration in St. Matthews. While trying to find a back way into the mall- you know how those malls are never bike friendly- I happened upon St. Matthews Park. I knew the ball fields were there; it's Little League is well-known locally. Behind it, though is a a little patch of wilderness with a paved loop and several dirt paths intersected somewhat randomly. I took one of these trails only to bash my open toes (Teva's) on a log. No damage, but I seemed to have partially removed my big toe toenail. Oh well. I followed one path and ended up throug the fence and right next to the Watterson Xpressway, albeit hidden in the trees on the downslope. I was hoping the little path would go somewhere, but it eventually ended in a thicket where I'm sure the local youths light up or drink up well-hidden from their parents. I retreated and explored a bit more before going home. I also took in a bit of a trail in Seneca as well. Just keeping things from being too terribly mundane.

I'm sure I'll get poison ivy again.

Comments

Popular Posts