'bent and lovin' it

Date: August 3 Sun
Weather: 88F and sunny
Mileage: 21
August mileage: 21
Year to date: 1471

I'm close to being finished updating my mileage after the computer debacle. July became a messy blur of lost or irretrievable data. Given my lack of math skills, I'm surprised how attached (oops, bad word, right?) I've become to maintaining good mileage figures. I find it motivating, but my type-B doesn't always allow me to act on the motivations. The updated 'Duc' document doesn't agree with mycyclinglog, but I really don't care. I'll go with what I have know. Today's ride included the Rans Rocket, which is a rare participant in my cycling ventures. I don't seem to ride it too often, and mycyclinglog didn't even have an entry for 2008. I hardly ever ride it, but the one time I had a prostate/bladder infection I swore I would always have one as an option. Try sitting on a walnut with jagged spikes ripping at your 'taint. Today's ride was in no way revelatory, but it sure was grand: blue skies, sun, cooling breeze, lower humidity, easy-ride bent, great shuffle on the iPod. It was just fun and relaxing after a stressful week. We also managed to spend all afternoon at the pool yesterday, and I just got back from another 3 hours today. We're all trying to finish the summer in style. I'm sure to be at work 3 days this week, and perhaps another day too. It's time to generate income, income to buy bike stuff of course.

I hope everybody had as pleasant a Sunday as I. You deserve it.

Comments

Apertome said…
How many bikes do you have? It seems pretty often you'll mention a bike I had no idea you had (happened with the Bridgestone a few weeks ago).

I've never read a recumbent. I bet they're fun.
LvilleTex said…
More than enough. I'll do a blog entry soon. I have a few that are in regular circulation and the rest sporadically at best. It's sort of embarrassing, sort of fun.

Popular Posts