Commute

Date: August 8 Fri
Weather: 83F, sunny and breezy
Mileage: 17
August mileage: 76
Year to date: 1504

A nondescript commute today except for a couple useful bits. B/c school is starting up again I stopped by Kroger's this morning to pick up some bottled water and Diet Pepsi. I drink little of either, but it's nice to A) have bottled water b/c sometimes the water in our old building is a little funky and B), although I'm not drinking many sodas, sometimes it's nice to have one for a change. I think the d.p.s are onlyh 10oz or something, and they don't have caffeine. How was that for a run-on sentence? I stuffed the drinks in my empty right pannier and managed to get them in there along with a pair of crocs for the day. In the p.m. I came home with 'Alberto'. I took Tom's seeming advice to be a little more patient and less driven, so we took it easier. He only died 100 deaths instead of 1000. He asked me why I wasn't a beanpole, implying that my reasonable cycling fitness should make so. I replied that genetics plays a part (My dad is a natural 6'3"/275lbs. My mom's family is decidedly endomorph) and my diet isn't conducive to be a super skinny dude. After dropping off 'Al' I ventured through the park for a couple hills. It's beautiful today, low 80s and low humidty, but it's Friday at the end of a busy stressful week and I'm going to play tennis w/ 'L' instead. Time well spent, if you ask me. Peace and happy weekend.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey, I'll give you guys a call this weekend -- we're arriving in town tomorrow afternoon and will be here through the 20th.
--Laura
LvilleTex said…
OK. for sure.

Popular Posts