Date: September 28 Sun
Weather: 79F sunny again
Mileage: 32
September mileage: 367
Year to date: 2133

Went out this afternoon with DG, an old softball and Lucero show bud. He's saddled with many munchkins now so we don't get out as much. No, I'm not going to saddle him with the blame. He's tried to get me out rockin' but I fall asleep too early. He's been doing a lunchtime training ride now for 2 months and is enjoying stretching the legs, so we tried something different for him today. He stopped by and we did an East 'Ville meander. First was the St. Matthews flats, then Indian Hills where we took in an extr climb for good measure. From there we went through the parks, ending up at the attractive Casselberry. On Norris we decided that, instead of going home via Valley Vista, we would go through Germantown and Audobon Park, which we did. The full day gave us about 32m, all of it under yet again great conditions. I'm completely impressed with DG's machine. When did a steady 14-17mph, me on the Blueridge- titanium terror that it is- and he on a Schwinn (or something like that) early mtn.bike/hybrid contraption. Let's me clear that DG matched me pedal for pedal and maybe finished stronger. He's got fewer miles in the legs, but I think he's got more quality intensity miles. I was impressed and hope he can find a good road mount b/c I think he would do really well at pace. He needs a 58". If anyone has a used 58" lying around, let me know.

I also took in a bit of the Tour de Louisville 'Cross race today. I only caught part of 2 races, but the course looked tough, with lots of ups and downs. I was sort of depressed leaving, knowing that I am in no way in shape to do an actual race like that right now. The ride this afternoon helped clear the cobwebs out though. Maybe next year, maybe not, but nothing to dwell on. The # of riders out there was quite impressive, so good for the local 'cross community.

Comments

Apertome said…
58"? He must be 15 feet tall! ;)

Sounds like a great ride, and your friend is riding well. I hope you find a good bike for him. Too bad I already sold my Giant OCR2, it would've been about the right size.
lithodale said…
Here's my response I even put a little Lucero on there for you.

I am tall, but that would be quite an inseam...

Catch you around...

Popular Posts