568

568 is my November total, my highest monthly mileage to date, beating the old record by some 80 miles. I'm even more impressed with those folks who do 700-800 miles a month. I was too lazy to go out today in the cold and wet, but I'm pretty dang satisfied. I also topped 3,000 miles for the year. I'm pretty dang pleased with that too. It makes me excited for 2009 that I can do even more miles, not just b/c it's more miles but b/c it is so great to be out on the open road.

Peace to all and hope those injured mend soon enough to get out on the road themselves.

Comments

Apertome said…
Wow, that's a lot of miles! Congrats on hitting 3,000; I should hit 3k soon myself. Actually I've been watching your mileage as we've both been pushing 3k at the same time. I watched yours go up way faster than mine. Great job keeping up the rides even in poor conditions. I've ridden some, but much less.
LvilleTex said…
You had to move, so I count that as a big detractor. I'm wondering about your thoughts comparing the 2 locations as far as bikes go. Bloomington looked awfully primo.
Apertome said…
Agreed, Bloomington really was excellent for riding. This area is definitely less bike-friendly, but I still think/hope S24Os will be doable. The main struggle would be getting out of this valley with a loaded bike. Also, there are fewer state parks/forests nearby, but the closest one is even closer (~6 miles away).

So, there are some good opportunities here. I'll just have to work a little harder, and my goal of doing a century will be a lot more difficult in the mountains.
rigtenzin said…
Good work. I enjoyed looking at the photos.

Popular Posts