Sports Weekend

Here's another one of my weekly sports updates. This week has been particularly harsh for moi. Particulary. In no particular order:
  • Real goes down @ Valladolid 1-0. With Ruud out for the season, Robben hurt and a defense that is certainly mediocre for a team at this level, it's bad, bad, bad.
  • First, on Friday night the 'Cats lose at home to VMI 111-103. Really, it's so shocking I have a hard time having any comment. How can you give up 111 points at home? This is the 3rd ridiculous loss of the BillyG years, last year w/ Gardner-Webb and San Diego and now VMI.
  • Then to top it off, the football 'Cats lose a tough one to Vandy @ Vandy. While the are still in bowl contention, it leaves things all a little sour. The D, which has been so efficient earlier in the season, has fallen apart. The last game will be at Tennessee. It's very win-able, but we'll see.
On a different note, we finished off my bday night (after the supper debacle) going to a show at Headliners. First on the bill was local band The Fervor, Brother Reade, and the headliner Mates of State. Let's begin by stating that my role in this show was to be a pleasant and supportive concert date for the good wife. Mates of State, when on the radio/CD, make we want to kill babies. That said, with designs on living a more peaceful 2nd half of life, I didn't let it bother me one bit. We went. The Fervor was actually pretty good. keyboard pop with some good vocals. Brother Reade was hilarious. It started with 2 drum kit songs. "What the hell is this?". After that, his/their show became a DJ/rap concert, white non-rhythmic rap at that. I cracked up. My wife attended a rap show. :-) Smiles abounded even though the music wasn't very good. For me, it wasn't that bad, actually, but I won't become a groupie. Mates of State- a married couple "mates"- then put on another keyboard-oriented pop show. It was all good. For the first time ever at a rock show, I fell asleep. During the headliner I chilled against the wall. I think I dozed off while standing. Later I sat on the floor and fell asleep again, the nap lasting 1 song. Would I go on my own? No, but it was all good and the good wife had a nice time; that was the goal.

Comments

Popular Posts