Belgian Commute

Date: Dec 9 Tues
Weather: 50F, rain
Mileage: 22
December mileage: 111
Year to date: 3152

Forecasts were dire, but I couldn't pass up 50F in December, especially after the latest cold snap. The a.m. commute on the TrekSS was a breeze. The p.m. leg met me with 50F again, but this time the addition of big rain. I came prepared though. All my goods were wrapped in a trash bag and I dressed for the part:

head- Rivendell hat, which has become my fav rain hat
torso- thin wool and Wal-Mart rain jacket. it works well.
legs- wool tights and nylon shorts
feet- wool sox and newspaper bags
hands- neoprene gloves.

With this setup I was downright comfy. Tomorrow's call is for 40F and rain again, so that'll call for some modifications, about which I'll think through tonight.

BTW, while waiting on the 4-lane Cannons/64 interchange, I was taking my lane and someone passed me on the right by going through the shoulder. He didn't make a menacing look at me, but golly gee I would've liked to give him a piece. But the moment passed and away I went home.

Peace and be careful of the dumbasses out there.

Comments

Popular Posts