el fin de semana en deportes

Yes, dear readers, the weekend has passed and sports did take place. I didn't watch much, but took it in while wasting time on the computer like I often do. And such:
  • Real signed a new Diarra, in this case, Lassana Diarra from Portsmouth. With Mamadouh Diarra's long-term injury los Merengues needed a new, strong defensive mid to prowl the field and clear out everyone in his path. All season long, with Diarra I's injury problems, Real's defense has been, frankly, terrible. I think it's a good signing on face value, but I don't know L Diarra's quality. The Marca poll has 61% against the signing. If he can play it seems good to me. This goes with the Huntelaar fichaje to replace Ruud and the return of some young mid named Parejo who has been playing in England. I know even less about that one. Oh, and they defeated Valencia 1-0 on Saturday. !Vamos Merengues!
  • The 'Cats easily won Saturday as well, defeating Appalachian St. 93-69. Aside from a big win, the bigger news was Jodie Meek's 46 point. It's the 6th highest total ever for a Wildcat. Impressive stuff.
  • the Cowboys lost at home and hurt their playoff chances. It's hard to root for a team that has T.O., don't 'cha know.
  • Lars Boom outsprinted Sven Nys for a the W.C. win in France this past weekend. I think I could easily get enthused for some Euro 'cross. Beer, sausages, wind, cold, snow, more beer. It's more problematic in the States b/c we very likely have to drive to our venues wherein the Euro courses are (probably?) in the center city, so they can just stagger home.
that's it, I guess. I'm out and off to do something productive on my break...Or not.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just say no to T.O.
--Laura

Popular Posts