My favorite namesake, Tim Johnson

Date: Dec 21 Sun
Weather: 23F, sunny
Mileage: 13
December mileage: 142
Year to date: 3183

What is fun is that I googled a "sunny cold" pic and the flickr account happened to be from one Mathowie, someone who also took some pics 'cross pics from this year. I certainly appreciate the serendipity of that. I used a random 'cross pic instead of the "sunny cold" pic b/c, well, isn't it obvious?

I skipped church today and took a short one in the cold. I dressed pretty well for 23F and windy, with 2.5 layers on the legs, 3 on the torso, lobsters on the hands, 2+baggies on the feet and 1.5 on the head. I took the LHT b/c I wanted to go flat pedals so as to expand my shoe- and henceforth- warmth choices. My route took me to Seneca for some roads/trails and then home early b/c the good wife is going to Cincy with friends to see OTR on a free tix. It wasn't relevatory, but the combo of cold, sunny skies, exertion, and "Mindful Speaking" in the ears made for an innocuous-yet-enlightened experience. I shall try it again tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts