Sunday ride

Date: Dec 24 Tues
Weather: 50F, rain
Mileage: 16
December mileage: 158
Year to date: 3199

Date: Dec 28 Sun
Weather: 47F, sun
Mileage: 23
December mileage: 181
Year to date: 3222

I don't have too much to say other than that LithoDale and I had an excellent 23m ride this afternoon in the sunshine. He escaped from kiddies, and mine were otherwise busy, so we did the Indian Hills Loop, going Downtown and back via Shelby and Audobon Park. My average was right at 15mph, which is a bit brisker than my usual commuter average, so that's good for me. I remember today while playing on Flickr that I never posted from my Xmas Eve post-storm ride. I rode that afternoon right after a deluge and encountered high water in Cherokee and some wacky skies. Here are a few pics from that ride, in the wrong order as usual.



Sun shining, but you can still see the dampness on the road and sidewalk

Nice blue skies to the NW.

Scenic Loop under water.

Another along Scenic Loop, this standing atop bridge with the high water lapping up practically on the road.

Usually a field used for rugby, soccer, and jousting. No, seriously.

Panda, in full winter growth. Scary, no?



I think this is just an amazing photo, and it has nothing to do with me. To the north, looking over Frankfort Ave. you have a jet-black skey. Backlight, though, from the south is a warm bathing sunny glow. The juxtaposition of these two is really interesting.

Comments

Popular Posts