box dog pelican

Date: Jan 1 Thurs
Weather: 35F, breezy
Mileage: 32 (Bleriot)
January mileage: 32
Year to date: 32

I've been thinking of blog changes b/c nobody reads the damn thing and I'm prolly wasting my time and yours. I went out for 32m today, along River Rd and up and down some of the hills. It was fantastic, to be honest, in every mundane way. The one thing of note was that the rear fender brake bridge bracket broke about 2/3 through the ride. I could get home fine, but it was strange. I hit a little bump and it sheared off right below the brake bridge. That would say to me that there was some stresses there that I wasn't aware of. But what do I know? I'll have to contact Jim and get another.

On a different time-wasting note, I came across some bloggage about a new Cali frame I'd never heard of, the Box Dog Pelican. As best as I can understand, the Box Dog is the bike shop and Pelican is their own in-house do-it-all frame. You can say that right now, the new 2009 provides us with many fun options (KG, Rawland, Pelican, Surly, Velo-Orange, RBW, 70s/80s rehab, the list goes on) for bike possibilities, all lying outside of the Trek/C'Dale/Giant cabal. Take a look and ride whatever you do.

Comments

Unknown said…
That is a great looking bike. Thanks for the link. I really like the look of the new Sam Hillbourne at RBW, too.
Marla said…
I think many are going through the blog is a waste of time right now. Change it up and see what you think then. I'll be reading!
Pondero said…
Hey,Tex,I'll be reading your blog,change or not.
Anonymous said…
I feel you on the "nobody's reading" front. You've got readers, but what you want is to get new ones. I read something the other day that said that the best way to get promotion in this new media is to promote other people. Scratch my back and I'll scratch yours if you will. You mentioned Box Dog's bikes here, and they in turn mentioned you. That's what brought me here, and now you're in my Google Reader. So keep up the good work. Write it and they will come.

Popular Posts