Der Blogg

I'm climbing multiple branches of my bike tree at the moment (May it be an Oak, strong and sturdy). On today's 22-miler I made a decision about my main blog Tex's Luavull Cycling. It has long been my trashcan for all things "tex": bikes, commutes, sports, 'Cats, futbol, the Buddha, the family, hiking, nature, etc. While the good wife sometimes finds it narcissistic or perhaps too public, it is a fair reflection of what goes on with "me" (as a good Buddhist would say, b/c "me" is only a process or perception and nothing particularly concrete or real). I never intended to have a "readership" nor am I interested in "viewers", but if I waste the time typing my thoughts and observations, then I might as well have them in a context I'm interested in promoting. For that reason, my one blog has now become three blogs and I'll briefly explain each.

Tex's Luavull Cycling in 2009 is going to become more of a 'Luavull' blog and less a 'Tex' blog. Tex, as it were, was my college nickname and still sticks with me with that much beloved population. Luavull is an approximation of what Louisvilians call Louisville- Loo-uh-vuhl or something like that. While I wasn't born here, my family is all from here and I've spent my life here from 1st grade through 12th grade and since college graduation. It has its benefits and detractors, but we're here for the long time being. I started the blog originally to highlight my cycling and other family endeavors, but now I'm going to focus more on the Louisville aspect. It won't be any kind of compendium of all things 'Ville cycling, but I'm going to go more in that direction. As I get older, and as my commuting and cycling become more important to me, I also find myself drawn to advocacy, so these interests will be more greatly expressed here. I don't see any reason not to write about epic or substantial rides or hikes because those highlight the benefits of this here burg. What won't be included is those every day, mundane "I commuted" entries.

Tex.Ville.Rides will become the "me" blog. It will have those daily, "I commuted" entries and will probably be the "Am I a Buddhist?" and "Real lost" trashcan moments. If I'm the only one to read it, fine. If someone out there wants to read that "I commuted", Great. You're invited. But I see these as more of a day-to-day blog that doesn't really go anywhere much, but I've decided I like to have a digital, de facto journal.

RiverCityCyclingSociety is a new blog for a new cycling experiment that I've undertaken. I'm starting a very, very loose cycling club as a means to infuse the 'Ville with a different kind of riding experience. My riding/on-line friend David is also very interested and his interest has inspired me to go forward with it. He and I are both wanting a cycling experience not dominated by lycra and not dominated on riding someone off yer wheel!! Yea Baby!! No, the RCCS is going to be an experiment in doing something in Louisville that has been taking place elsewhere, especially in MN and in NoCal. It will try to be a Society about riding bikes, not about training. I jotted down some principles that I'll post on that blog. David, a much more adept computer geek than I, is starting an actual website, so the RCCS blog may not do much if the website goes anywhere. I have no expectations, but I am excited about this as a real improvement in 2009. It could be much fun.

And that's where I'm at. 3 blogs, but not 3x the work. But hopefully 3x the miles. Now that would be much fun.

Comments

Pondero said…
Regarding RiverCityCyclingSociety, Anthony at Longleaf Bicycles might have some ideas for you...
http://longleafbicycles.blogspot.com/2008/09/wilmington-cyclotouring-club.html
I'm not sure if this is what you have in mind, but maybe he has something in there you can use. Best wishes.
Unknown said…
I will be checking in often.
lithodale said…
Fire up yer RSS aggregators....

Popular Posts