Commute No. 12

Date: Feb 11 Wed
Weather: 50F/60F
Mileage: 15 (LHT)
Year to date: 390

I sit here for a quick report listening to train-like roar of the wind outside. We had a straight-line storm move through at lunch and we're now feeling the effects of the tumult behind it. I presume that this is the same system that caused the tornadoes and deaths in OK. Bad stuff. We're all wondering -gun shy- whether the weather, whither that weather, will wound us again.

I rode today, but had to make some adjustments to make it happen. Usually I have to do tennis on Wednesdays, but I also had a quick appt. @ 4.00 for medical purposes. Instead of being glum about the occasional heart hiccups, I was proactive and made some calls. As such, I'm now wearing a Holter for the next 24hrs. Fortunately, tomorrow brings the Bike Summit II, so instead of commuting to work, I'll ride hard on the commute there and then to the doctor's office to return the monitor. It's rare that I wish for an "event", but this is one of those times.

I'm also looking forward to what the Bike Summit provides. It's sure I'll have pics and info to come.

Comments

Pondero said…
Hey, Tex, I've seen references to your heart issues, but am not familiar with the details. If it were me, I don't know how well I'd deal with it. Probably, not so well. Your positive attitude inspires and I wish you the very best.
Anonymous said…
Good luck with the Holter monitor -- I hope it's useful (and that, as you said, you have your episode so it can be observed by someone other than yourself...).
--Laura
Marla said…
I think we got the same weather system down here, too.

Popular Posts