Crosscheck Cruising

I pumped out an 18-miler this afternoon on the Crosscheck, which I'm using with the Pasela-shod Mavic wheels from the Blueridge. That wheel/tire/pedal/frame combo makes for some reasonably spiffy handling, but withe 32c comfort as well. Today was also the first time in a LONG time using a Polar heart rate monitor. The heart doc suggested it to see if I can catch a 'moment' like I had in early January, thereby having the data to analyze if needed. I sent the unit off last week for a full battery replacement, and they sent me a new chest transmitter too; I guess 10 yrs is too long for them to work? Anyway, after being overly interested early on with my heart rate, I got down to just riding in the 32F, occassional sleet and had a good time of it. To be honest, it felt damn good. Not unlike Lithodale, with tennis I don't have mega hours to just roll around the city at 12mph taking it all in; I need to maximze my short time so I'm doing more tempo, which certainly has me gravitating to the Crosscheck or something else and away- this time- from the LHT. I don't know if I can manage to ride an hour at 5:00 a.m., which is the only time I can ride during the week normally, but that's what it'll take to get any mileage this Spring. The Buddha says to live for the moment, and the moment this afternoon was very satisfying. Of course, the Buddha also says I shouldn't enjoy it too much, or at least get attached to that moment of 2-wheeled bliss, but it's hard, no?

Comments

Popular Posts