Commute No. 14

Ahh, the bliss of a found commute today. The forecast was for rain, which we received in copious amounts overnight. I almost didn't wake in time this morning, but eventually I dragged myself out of bed for a work commute, given that the rains would nullify the ability to hold tennis practice outside. I was going to ride the FrankenTrekSS but all my stuff didn't fit in the Carradice so I grabbed the LHT for a short-stuff a.m. commute. I quickly encountered a back brake that was epically rough, noisy and seemingly self destructive. I laid off the rear completely, but the front wasn't any better. This afternoon, before leaving work, I fiddled with the V-Brakes to find a brakeable solution only to find my brake pads almost complete toast. It was obvious aftermath of last weekend's RCCS Brew2Cruise. My afternoon errands first took me to OYLC for new brake pads, in this case some Avids that he had in stock. Afterwards I ventured by Krogers to pick up a prescription and then to home, giving me 15m on the day, with the afternoon portion at a LithoDale-ish "banging" pace. Given my lack of miles the legs feel good. I going to fight for whatever miles I can get during tennis season, morning, noon or night.

Comments

lithodale said…
My (OK, your) bike also had to be re-shod on the rear brakes after that ride. I thought it was an adjustment issue until I looked at the pads. I think it was that general grit that was all over everything after the ride...

Popular Posts