Sports

I made the decision late last year to start a 2nd blog b/c I thought people bored of reading inane sports and routine "I commuted" entries. I then realized, at some point, that it was stupid to have 2 blogs, even if Nobody actually read any of the entries. Given my recent decision to return to the all-encompassing one blog with inane, boring entries, I thought I would celebrate an excellent sports day yesterday. In December, I bemoan being a loser in the field of sports fan and viewing. On that day the 'Cats, Cowboys and Merengues all lost. Yesterday was a much better day for my sports cheering pleasure

  • The 'Cats beat Tennessee for the 2nd time this season, this time at Rupp and without a mega-scoring night from Jodie Meeks. For a true blue UK fan, there is nothing better than beating TN; I would put it ahead of beating UL in my own book.
  • On the futbol front, Real Madrid mauled Real Betis 6-1 to pick up 3 points.
  • Even better, Barca finally lost again, in Barcelona deri to Espanyol 1-2. The 12-point has shrunken to 7. You never know.
On a different note, the wife and I saw The Reader on Friday night. Reviews have been mixed, but I thought it was/is an excellent portrayal of the messy psychology of the Holocaust and of the human psyche. Kate Winslet gave griping rendition as a rapist/Nazi guard/murderer/illiterate/old woman. Reviews have hit on the unevenness of the narrative, but to me, those times were inordinately uneven. German culture post WWII has been uneven. The guilt generated by such behavior has been uneven. Unlike Revolutionary Road, which didn't do much for me, I very much enjoyed The Reader, regardless of all the nakedness.

Comments

Popular Posts