Banging one out

Using Lithodale language, I banged out a 19-miler this afternoon after work. Rain beget practice cancellation beget an afternoon quickie, well, not that kind. Given my lack of miles, I took the path of faster=more calorie burning and rode hard the whole way, giving me 19 miles for less that 1.5 hrs ride. The ride avg was right at 15mph, which ain't quick for many out there, but is a nice, brisk pace for my normally slow commuting pace. I was greeted with stiff headwinds at discreet junctures through my park foray, giving me a chance to push hard not only on the park hills but in the flats as well. The two observations that come my way are, first, that I really like flat pedals and riding without cleats- my feet are happier- and secondly, I love riding and have to buckle down and get some mileage during tennis season. It's so challenging to come home from an 11-hour day and want to ride at night or get up early for that matter, but it felt great to test the legs.

It's a strange day when you hope for a forecast for rain, but that is what we have tomorrow, which means a wet commute to work and not to have to stay after school with tennis regalia.

Comments

Pondero said…
Life is full of stuff. Sometimes, some of the stuff can get in the way. So we've got to bang one out. I'm guessing a lot of us hear you loud and clear. Glad you got one in.
lithodale said…
That's good stuff....when I read your email last night I laughed and told my wife that I was seeping into your consciousness.

It wasn't a textbook day for a ride for sure. As I walked in from my wet lunch ride I certainly got some funny looks from my coworkers. I wouldn't have it any other way...

Popular Posts