'Crossish

It was another rushrushrush kind of day; that's what my life has devolved into of late, both for good and ill reasons. I had tennis after school today, but 'Z' also had 6.00 soccer practice. My brilliant mind concocted an "I'll help." plan which also included a ride. If that's the only way to get a ride in, then I'm all for it. I sprinted home (recurring theme...), dumped the Crosscheck into the truck and sprinted (recurring theme...) to MVSC where 'Z' and his friend 'M' practiced. Heart rate monitor affixed I embarked on an hour of reasonable hard work, an hour which ebbed between hard work and decidedly not-hard work too. I did have the grind and grit in the legs, so when I felt strong I spun hard and went for it, and during the rest times I lolligaged with the best of them.

I warmed up on the Cox's Park path, took a quick log-strewn sidetrail through Caperton Swamp and then hit it reasonably hard up Indian Hills, taking the less vicious Totem Rd. After a Duc Do sighting coming down the steep Arrowhead, me dirigi hacia the 'cross course at Champions Park. What I found there, to my dismay, was more logs and sticks. Yes, the course so gooey and soft from rains, but more difficult b/c of the detritus. In fact, the paths were pretty unrideable. As such, I doddled around a bit but left and looped back for a climb of Mockingbird Valley/Green Hill Ln before swooping down and back up the short-but-steep Mockingbird Ln. It was an effective workout and a pleasant 1hr on the bike and I'll take what I can get.

**In doing the mileage for this ride, I came to the realization that I've been on the Bleriot only 2 times in '09. The tight and hectic schedule is making for more 1-hour "bangers" and the Crosscheck has been the banger steed of choice. That'll change this summer, as it gives way to long, langorous rides on the 650b.

Comments

Popular Posts