Soccer Practice Sprint

'L' had outdoor practice tonight, so I went from 3.00-4.00 tennis practice to home, picked 'L' up and deposited him a bit before his 5.00 practice. His 1.5hr practice was my only "personal" window, save a 5.00 a.m. start that I'm having difficulty making. Yet again, making like Lithodale, I heated up the engine and went full-bore for about 30min to start, weaving in and out of the neighborhoods along Taylorsville between Hurstbourne and Browns Ln. My one concern amidst my charge was having to ride in the filth-ridden shoulder, but I credit my excellent handling skills and the Ritchey Crossmax for keeping me clean and safe. All this huffing and puffing was to be memorialized, analyzed and data-ized with my Polar, but I forgot the receiver/watch while bringing the transmitter/strap, so no data did I have.

My first session lasted around 30min, which was lesser than expected. I stopped for a bit at practice to take a look and talk to a compay parent. After a chat and a view, I headed out again, this time using the adjacent golf course path for some curvy time, looking regularly to make sure the golfers weren't out on the back 9 in the dimming light. From there I headed to the gravel road @ Thienamens, treating my 2nd stint as another fartlek session. My 2nd stint lasted about 20min, with gmappedometer giving me 12.8 miles total. If those numbers are true-ish, my avg speed was close to 15mph, and I consider that a reasonable estimate b/c I hauled ass and big gears through the session.

I enjoy wandering the country at a neighborly pace more, but my time is precious and short these days, so the weeks will be filled with occasional, short, violent bursts of cycling activity. Then the summer will awake and many a slow, ponderous ride will ensue.

Comments

jimmy said…
lurkin in my hood

Popular Posts