Rapid City

After a long-but-satisfying day viewing the grandeur of the grassy plains and amber waves of grain, we arrived in Rapid City, SD. We went for a slice and a drink and then I jumped out not far from the hotel for an hour spin. I encountered spitting rain, gritty gravel and dark skies, but nonetheless I did my hour. Here are a few views.









**a couple commenters have commented on the "flatness". What is interesting is that I remember it not being that flat. The last picture looks into the valley with the opposite ridge showing the elevation. Later, I put the route into mapmyride and found, as it were, that it was pretty flat. Rapid City sits at around 3000ft. Can that elevation change have an effect on the the cardio system? It felt more tiring that the terrain suggested. My later ride in Hill City begat a similar observation.


Comments

amidnightrider said…
Seems kind of flat. No?
Apertome said…
Those wide-open spaces, gravel roads and mild rolling hills look incredibly inviting.

Popular Posts