What a difference

Last Sunday I could barely finish a 50-miler. I agonized over the last 15 miles of the route. I walked parts of 2 hills. I didn't enjoy myself (the last 15...). Agotado-dripped out- is the Spanish word that best describes my experience.

Today was the opposite. Having ridden with LithoDale yesterday, I worried about how my legs would respond. We called an impromptu RCCS 80-miler, and left this morning at 6.00 to make it happen. I'll put a ride report on the RCCS site, but today I was just good. We ended up doing 68 miles, but I felt confident and strong all through those miles, and I wish I could've tagged on more, but with birthday parties coming (in fact, in 40min), other responsibilities awaited.

Bicycle Schizophrenia at its best.

Comments

Laura said…
Glad you had a good ride (though I'm sure the missus was getting antsy about you getting home in time for the party). Sorry I didn't get to see you while we were in town -- we'll be back next year! (And since our flight issues made me swear we'll drive there next year, maybe I can bring my bike...)
--Laura

Popular Posts