projects

in no particular order:
  • have a big announcement this week sometime, if it ever stops snowing
  • Blueridge will get new bars. I had thought of wider bars and this morning I strangely found a pair of rather wide Salsa BellLaps hanging on the wall. Honestly I have *no* clue where they came from. That will coincide with a new shorter stem, prolly something in the 17 degree range, giving the BR a seriously nice long-distance position, and the 32c Paselas and fenders will remain. Long, long term may even mean a front rack and handlebar bag. Can you say brevet/century bike?
  • Crosscheck getting 45c FireCrosses this week (thanks OYLC). Seriously considering 'stache bars with new jacked-up stem, making for MonsterCross mount. Long term might mean singlespeed rear wheel to go with monstercross theme.
  • easy fix of FrankenTrek front flat, but boy those Conti pieces of shit sure weren't fun to mount, so I don't relish the fix. I might change out front during fix b/c those are terribly rated tires and I had a flat on only the 2nd trip. I love the FrankenTrek but haven't been on it in forever due to avoidance
things to sell?:
  • Rans Rocket- I don't ride it and it takes up space and I'll never drink the 'bent Koolaid.
  • Burley baby carrier- could work as a hauling trailer but we'll see
  • mtbike- I have 2, Monocog and Caffeine. I don't ride enough trails to warrant 2 + monstercrosscheck, so one might have to depart. They're so different that I'm just not sure, although with my riding the Monocog might be the one to stay. I don't know. Caffeine 29er is a great bike but doesn't behave that well in our twisty enviro.
  • shitty Conti tires on FrankenTrek. In fact I got bunches of tires to sell. Maybe I need to attend a swap meet?
  • old Cannondale Criterium road bike, ca. 1990. It doesn't even have a rear mech and hasn't been ridden in 10+ years. would make a nice mount for somebody, tho.
  • Redline 9.2.5.??? depends on how singlespeedy the garage gets. It's actually the only fixed-gear I own. Now that I think about it, I'm not selling it.
So, what goes? Rans, C'dale Criterium, Burley carrier and 1 mtbike? seems possible, but laziness gets in the way.

It's snowing like hell, the boys are out and I'm going back upstairs to grade. chao for now.

Can you tell it's been lots of "indoor" time, "non-bike" time and "school work" time lately?

Comments

Pondero said…
This is not an offer, mind you, but I've been pondering the virtues of the Monocog.

More to the point, it looks like you've got plenty to keep you busy while waiting for warmer, longer days.

Oh yeah, and I'm looking forward to the "big announcement".
Laura said…
Sorry about the snow. I can't wait until winter is over!

Popular Posts