Simplicity

Matt Chester Ti frame. not cheap.

Comments

Pondero said…
I've occasionally followed Matt's work, but I've ALWAYS admired the end product. The simplicity speaks to my soul.

Did you ride this? Do you have more details from the owner?
Steve A said…
ALMOST as much as Pondero's observations, tell us more about those handlebars. They seem almost like the perfect intersection between drop bars and upright bars.
Doug said…
This does not fit my tastes for sure. That gi-normous head tube is ugly. I prefer the look of a flatter top tube with more stem spacers.

Just my opinion.
Barturtle said…
Here are several bars along those lines, I'm thinking they may be Origin-8 Gary's.

Here are several compared:
http://www.griffithfam.net/2009/02/wtb-dirt-drop-on-one-midge-and.html
Apertome said…
I agree with Doug, but even if it's not my style, I appreciate that it's a fine machine, and obviously well-crafted. Someday, I'd like to try bars more more or less like that, thanks for the link with the comparison.
LvilleTex said…
I'm very impressed that such a random, innocuous post could engender such participation on this moribund blog. I think it goes to show the power of this design. Yes, the lines are quite different from your average RBW Quickbeam =) but I look at the package in its totality. It's just say "bike go almost anywhere" in such a clean way.
Pondero said…
Well, I think the headtube seems a bit disproportional also. But if he made a bike like this for me, it would probably look pretty good.
LvilleTex said…
I am firmly in Pondero's camp here. I would ride with bike with pride. I wonder what the design decision is between the ginornmous headtube and the lack of stack.

Popular Posts