Mileage

None, well, almost none. Hearing about Dale's record month and reading Dave's and Michael's mileage progress for May is heartening for them, but rather dismal for me. Because of a computer crash I don't have very fresh records, but I think my 16m in May sets a record for the last several years of a complete cycling failure. In looking back, March and April '08 brought very little mileage, but that was the first glimpse of my heart stuff and I was coaching a state-championship tennis team that spring. There's been so little time that the bike isn't a part of my life right now, and that's a bummer. I did get 6m in today commuting from school to graduation and back, but still, it's all woefully inadequate. And early-to-mid June doesn't look promising either, but perhaps July will be the time.

By then everybody will have thousands of miles in the legs and I won't be able to keep up. Guess I'll be doing some solo distance to get up to speed.

And some of the lads are clamoring for a bikes-n-brews. That might come to fruition sometime in July...and August.

Comments

David Crowell said…
I'll ride slow for you. I generally start feeling pretty beat when riding with others.

My ride with Michael was getting difficult toward the end... and to think I considering a century with him this Saturday.
Pondero said…
Question - Did you enjoy the 6-mile ride to graduation?

If so, you've got something of value to build on.

I hope June will allow more opportunities to enjoy the building process.
Apertome said…
What can I say? Sometimes, life gets in the way. It happens to all of us, don't feel bad about it. You can turn it around when you can find time, and we can slow down the pace to ride with you if need be ... no worries!

Popular Posts