August anew

We returned Saturday from a Florida beach vacation with out good friends, in his father's penthouse condo in Destin, FL. I tried to jog Monday on the beach but all I got was massive, sand-papered blisters on each foot, rendering walking painful. All I did all week, seemingly, was eat and drink. It was fun for the family- me included- but I start August with a weight disaster. I'm impressed people can announce their weights and all that, but my own shame at my bigness keeps me from publishing such a large number.

Time to get moving- and more importantly- and not eating so damn much! School starts very soon, so a schedule will help, as will commuting miles. The boys' activities won't make commuting as easy, but I have to, have to, have to get into the gym and turn some fat into muscle. Gripe, moan, complain.

I did finish July with my highest mileage total month of the year, 421, but it's hard to see all these blogs around me with mileage that is double and triple mine. Blah!Gripe, moan, complain.

Oh, and a mostly disastrous canoe trip dunked my new Canon S90. I hold out faint hope, but it's resting in a desiccant bag, so we'll see. Blah.

Comments

Pondero said…
I can relate. My (lack of) mileage coupled with too much eating out during business travel has resulted in thickening of my middle.

I leave tomorrow for three days. Here's to half portions, and increased activity... May we both be successful.
Apertome said…
421 is a solid month, especially with a week away from the bikes.

I had no idea you got an S90 ... I drooled over those when I was looking at cameras recently. I hope it pulls through!
LvilleTex said…
Michael, it hurts to type this, but I had the S90 for less than 2 months. I got it before my Europe trip in early June. By the first of August it appears to be dead. I'll be taking it to the shop at the end of the week to see if it's salvageable. Bleh!
I'm still thinking about a Fall BigSouthFork trip, FWIW.
LvilleTex said…
Chris, yes may we. Push aways and push ups.
Laura said…
Welcome back!
Every month you can start fresh. It's August and you can eat better and get some miles in. Don't agonize over where you are now.
Apertome said…
I'm still up for such a trip ... in fact quite enthusiastic! As long as the timing works out.

Popular Posts