Commute pics

I didn't commute this morning, but I did take these yesterday en route on the a.m. I get sort of jealous of Pondero's beautiful morning snaps, so I did my own. They're aren't as nice, but they're not bad.

This is the rising sun along Dog Hill in Cherokee, a spot I always find interesting, even climbing at 8mph. This morning was heightened by the mist settling over the creek valley, with this sunrise above.


More sun from my work door.


Pics can't capture it, but my senses were also overwhelmed on the way home, in this case my sense of small. Traveling along East Main next to the Fischers meat plant, I was almost stopped dead in my tracks by the stench, the worst I've encountered. I just gritted my teeth and survived the .2m before escaping. You gotta take the good with the bad when saving the world from cagers.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice photos!

Butchertown smell? It could be worse. You could get passed by a truck hauling pigs. That happened to me earlier this year. I needed a shower.
Apertome said…
The sunrise looks beautiful. I rarely catch it ... not a morning person at all! So, thanks for sharing.
Pondero said…
THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!

I like that time of day.
lithodale said…
As of this morning the meat plant stench is still in overdrive...blech!
Laura said…
Uh, yeah, meatpacking plants can smell pretty awful. Nice pics, though!

Popular Posts