Riding

  • Yesterday (Saturday) Dave and I sprinted out for a 10-miler before he had to pick his wife up from work. He's been ruminating on single-speed road biking, so I gave him the opportunity to ride the SSFrankenTrek. While still a bit small for him, it's closer in size than any of my other bikes, and gives him an idea of what SSing is. I had been preparing for a trail ride to a new spot the boys are putting down at GeorgeRogersClarkPark, so instead of grabbing a road mount I took the monster'CrossCheck, and boy, that was challenging. Dave hammered me to death for the first 6 or 7 miles, dancing away on the 25c's while I plodded on my tractor tires. It was all good, brief fun, though.
  • Just got back from a 3m coffee ride with the dauphin. I'd give it 5*****, and why not? Got to ride. Got to hear and stay in touch with the teenager. Got to drink coffee and read the NYTimes. Got to get my butt kicked on a short climb by the 14 yrold who's been running cross country now for a month plus. What's not to like? Right, I could've gone aggro and taken the 50-miler, but I'll take some chat time with the elusive teenager over that any day.
peace out.

Comments

Laura said…
Nice!
Apertome said…
Sounds lovely, I'm a bit curious about single speed riding too. Glad you got out!

Popular Posts