Commute #13

Second day on the SSFrankenTrek. Met up with 'BB' on her newly tuned-up Fuji, of which she was waxing ecstatic about having a bike that finally shifts. Other than 1 guy who needed to comment on us taking a full lane at 6.40 in the morning, all while having his own late, it was a nice, almost cool morning.

In the p.m. I stopped by OYLC to pick up a more suitable mirror for the Ute; I hope it works. Drew, Derek and I discussed possibilities to gussy up the SSFrankenTrek, as the long top tube and old skool deep drops have me rarely in the drops or in the hoods. Above is a newish bar from Civia that seems like a possibility. I like the flattish section like I have in the tops now, and the bend isn't too much (50degrees). After some shop talk I came straight down B'town and into the homestead, sweaty from the constant heat but satisfied.

Comments

Popular Posts