Commute #12

I commuted on the SSFrankenTrek today after some spiffy easy maintenance. I'm curious to see how the Trek's gearing inches/rise (oh, sounds sorta homoerotic. need to tread lightly here) measure up to Dave's new ride. It's certainly a bigger gear than the QB provides. I rode through Cherokee withe designs on a long afternoon to put me over 30 for the day. Instead I found myself knee deep in preparing to teach the "Yuuts" and didn't leave work in time for big mileage, so a 19m day had to suffice. And it did.

And a much stranger note, below is a pic of a LHT locked to a sign. This bike was locked in the same place all weekend in a rather conspicuous spot. Frankly, I don't understand why it's there and hope the owner hasn't come to ill favor. It was out there at least from Fri to Sun, but I don't know if it's gone now. I think I'll check in the a.m. It's an obviously cared-for LHT and a good commuter selection. What legit LHT owner would leave their prized rig locked up in such a shitty spot for so long? It begs to be stolen. Here's hoping for the best.

Comments

Anonymous said…
As far as "measuring up", ahem, I believe my bike and your Trek are similar. Vic originally geared it at 69 gear-inches, but I had him change it to 65.4. If memory serves me, yours is somewhere around 66, so it's pretty much the same.
LvilleTex said…
Your memory is better than mine. 'course, we checked it out before you purchased the Raleigh. Hope you're enjoying.

Popular Posts