2 Titles

Had a great commute on the Crosscheck, on which I mounted new PlanetBike Fenders last night. After having lots of crap sprayed on me this wet winter every bike worth shit gets fenders if possible. 2 experiences: 2 possible titles.

Amanda rocks the Cat 6

On the way home I ran into a woman on a commute- nice reflective best- on Payne. I'm pretty sure it's local advocacy pro Amanda. I was already feeling spritely today so I was rocking the bigger gear than usual heading down towards Spring and the Beargrass Trail. Amanda on what looked like a comfort, commuter hybrid stayed pretty close. She's Cat 6. I'm an amateur.

Tyranny of the Majority

As I turned onto the Beargrass Trail up the hillette towards the underpass I saw a disturbing sight. I-64 was completely stopped, pairs, masses of red taillights shining in all directions. I thought of all the poor morons in their cars getting madder and madder at being absolutely stuck. I was on 2 wheels feeling the winter chill and moving to stave off all things bad. What a contrast!

Comments

Laura said…
Having been in one of those non-moving lines of taillights at times, yes, you win on those occasions. During my 2 hour, 45 minute commute home with an inch of snow and ice earlier this year, I looked longingly at the commuter train station I inched past at one point. Unfortunately, I could not have just abandoned my car in the midst of the traffic. I thought about it, though.
David Crowell said…
If the backup you saw on 64 was in the afternoon, it was a wreck at the tunnels.

I drove today. :( That's twice now this year. At least I wasn't on the freeway.

Popular Posts