Snow ride

We experienced one of our WINTER SNOW STORMS!!!!!!!!!!!! yesterday, which ended up being a measly 3" of wet, gunky snow. I guess it could've been more, but who knows, because it was melting, mushing and smushing as soon as it came down. Schools let out early, but I had driven perhaps to help move my children, but they got home just fine, so my bike ride waited until late afternoon. Because of a potential of a long gravel ride Saturday with the RCCS I wanted to try the status of the 29er and Jones Loop bar. Earlier in the week I 'loc-tited' the bar shim to help affix the bar and prevent it from slipping, as it had done on the Bloomington ride back in December.  My 1.5hr ride seemed to say that tighening the shim worked. I was comfortable with the hand positions and I think, maybe, that the bar didn't slip.

As for the ride, more than anything it was sloppy. I stayed out for 1.5 hr in the parks and mostly spent time looking for less sloppy lines. By the time I got home the entire bottom bracket and seatstay bridge areas were completely mucked up. As a ride it worked out alright, but I'm hoping it's not a harbinger of what's to come Saturday on our RCCS ride in Holland, IN. If so, could be a soupy death march.

Comments

bikeolounger said…
Good to hear your input on the Jones Loop bar. I have a customer considering one.

I got to "enjoy" staying home today waiting on a successive trio of HVAC technicians to correct my furnace woes.

Enjoy your gravel ride. I'll likely be at work.
LvilleTex said…
Tom, to follow up, I like the bar. I'm a big dude, so maybe big dudes need a little more grip in the stem/shim area. I'll comment again after today's ride.

And I may prefer to be at work after today. Hard to get excited about 8F.

Popular Posts