Yet another snow ride

Another 2" snow. Another lame snow day. I got out early and spun the parks. To say "spun" is absurd b/c I wasn't feeling it too much; eventually at around mile 5 I decided to just plow on however low the gearing and just ride. Like last week, instead of firm, dry snow I found lots of mush, which yet again gave the BB area an attractive gooey brick kind of quality. My route took me downtown and back to Quills for a truly transcendent cup of coffee, and it was only half-caff, nothing fancy. Actually I was *gifted* a cup o' joe by Drew who entered as I was "locking up" (the helmet lock method) the 29er. A big thanks goes out there! Afterwards I went to the shop to shoot the shit and discuss the project. And then an easy spin home. If I lived in more miserable climes I would buy a Pugs and single-speed it ala Vito and be done with it. I hate all the mushy shit.
Muck.

If I were a real photographer I would've made more of an effort here. The pic below captures a bit of all the little cones of snow stuck amidst the grass. I hate this self-seeding monster, but it provided a nice view today.


Be nice if they actually came and took the tree away. It's been 2 weeks.

Comments

Apertome said…
Huh, crazy, this one missed us entirely. Looks like a fun ride, even if it was a bit sloppy.
Love that first photo. The ride of your life is in the snow.

Popular Posts