Ute Commute/Garmin 2.4

I used the bicycle yesterday to pick the car up in the afternoon after servicing. I was very very fortunate to have a 3/4 tailwind instead of a headwind because I never would have gotten there. I ended up with 17m on the day and increased my morning avg speed by more than 1mph with the tailwind.

Today I used the Ute to tennis commute, and ended up with a pretty good (temporary) solution. I loaded a large paper bag of tennis balls and put those in the long bag, along with my racket and some cones. As usual, I had my personals in the smaller left bag. On top I bungeed a metal hopper with the handle facing me, clearing the seat and allowing the taillight to do its job. I'd call it a 'B' effort. I did 14.5m worth of commuting that I wouldn't have otherwise, and felt pretty good given the 4 11-hr days in a row, in addition to a 10-hr day Monday.

Garmin Update: I converted the "route and loaded that. It shows on the unit and is "usable", whatever that means. The problem is that I need a larger SD card to fit the large North America map series, so my base map blows. I guess that's my problem, the inability to load the downloaded map that isn't the unlocked map, the one that still doesn't work with the new code they sent me. Bleh!  I'll keep chugging I guess. Now I'm thinking that I should've bought the SD maps, as now I'll be out the $$ to buy a new card. Bleh!

We're going country riding tomorrow near Seymour IN, so I need to charge one of the good camera batteries. Lithodale is riding the 200K tomorrow; good for him. I think we'll both be satisfied.

Comments

Apertome said…
Dude, you don't have to load all of North America, you can pick and choose what you want. We can discuss tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

Popular Posts