SCS June (+fotos)

My final mileage total for June was/is 627. I'm cutting it off today b/c I taking some teenagers to Kings Island tomorrow and I do not intend on arising at 6.00 to ride. I'm satisfied with my mileage for June, if not proud of it. It's the most mileage I've had in a month by 50m. July will include a vacation the last two weeks, so I have decreased expectations, but you never know. Already for July I'm planning on a MT for Bloomington this Sunday with Apertome,Grinder, and who knows who else, and later I plan on doing my first brevet, a 100k Populaire with the LBC. Maybe I should sneak in a solo 100m in there somewhere just for fun.

Mom needed ice for her garden party, so I obliged and used the Ute to fetch two large bags of ice. They fit pretty well.

Penile Rd. Love it.

Dave and I rode this portion back at some point. Lower River Rd. was being paved, so I did at least 2m worth of grass grinding on my 50-miler on Friday. It was tough, to be honest.

The next three pics are a series I took from my 50-miler last Friday. Was I'm amazed, truly amazed, at is that recent flooding created sand bars on the riverfront here in the 'Ville. Nature has a way. Just as my pulling of maple seedlings in my front garden bed indicates that Mother Nature has a way, these sand bars are indicative that Mother Nature has a way in that respect too. Imagine if we didn't have a Corps of Engineers to remove said sand bars? How long would MN take to reclaim the nature flow of ol' man river? Really, I'm amazed.



At the front of my Friday 50 I came across evidence of the tornado that hit the 'Ville last week sometime. These are downed trees right next to Churchill Downs, which suffered 5 or 6 damaged barns.

Comments

David Crowell said…
I really like the Penile Rd picture. The clouds are perfect!
Kokorozashi said…
Great shots -- I'm glad someone managed to get one of the chaos at that corner by the Downs. It was really something. I rode past it, gawked, and couldn't get my stupid phone to stay on long enough to take a picture (I'm going to try a phone-fixing-voodoo suggestion someone gave me -- wait, was that you? Maybe not).
Pondero said…
Congrats on a great month. The variety is admirable, and makes for amusing following. Have a healthy and prolific July.
Apertome said…
Congrats again on the mileage. Great photos, especially Penile Road. Looks like you've got a lot of wildflowers in bloom -- lovely!

Popular Posts