SCS Tuesday

I made it, 620 miles today for June, my greatest mileage month ever. Interestingly, I had one 60m+ day and three others 40m+, but the rest of the mileage came piece-meal in the form of 20s and 30s. I'll ride tomorrow but Thursday, the last day of the month, we'll see b/c I'm taking the teenager and friends to Kings Island. Sounds doubtful, doesn't it?

Today wasn't anything too special except that I took the IF out and rode hard, averaging above 16mph with a couple very spirited efforts thrown in there. Every time I ride the IF I wonder why I spend time on the Bleriot or Crosscheck, but it has everything to do with those damn shoes. I drank that I/Grant kool-aide and the "shoes ruse" is still the theory/idea/concept/observation with the greatest effect on my ride psyche. Cycling shorts, "pro" shades, and jerseys have all sneaked back into my riding. Perhaps at some point I'll put some flat pedals on the IF and go in style? Or perhaps not. it's a great mount, though.

Comments

Doug said…
It's amazing how fast the miles add up when you ride everyday. Congrats on a successful bike month.

I agree with GP on many points, but never on the shoe thing.
Apertome said…
Congrats ... that's a huge month! I think I'll end up under 200 for the month. Sad!

For me, the cycling shoes are part of what make my "fast" bike feel so fast and fun.

What is it that you don't like about your cycling shoes? Uncomfortable? Hard to walk? Maybe it's just the shoes that you have that are problematic.

Popular Posts