@#$ That's Cold!!

first and foremost, i don't know how the Minnesota and Swedish people do it. this a.m. was the coldest of the fall/winter, and, well, it was cold, to the tune of 23 with a 8 windchill. I've never been a big believer in wind chill until this a.m., when it was coming in at 15mph from the NW in Canada. my ride was tolerable, but it certainly wasn't comfortable. BUT, i did do it. i also want to comment on dead leg, which is what i had this a.m. don't know if it was the temps or what, but i could just never get it going this a.m. i bet i cruised at about 11-12mph, which under normal circumstances is pretty damn slow.

this p.m. we had a reunion of 'sheryl', 'lance', and me for the first time in a while. we headed down towards sheryl's hearing about how much she was ready to run and lift. good for her! i head up into Crescent Hill with Lance. turning at Stilz, i made my way onto Garden and into the park, across to St.Matthews. i turned onto Cannons at Winchester and cut through the Bowman area. Boy, a couple A-holes buzzed me on Cannons going incredibly fast. i know my place, but if you have an extra lane, be courteous and don't try to run my ass over! i crossed over into the "flats" behind farmington and wynded my way home. good afternoon with some slow, steady mileage on a brisk day.

19m total/6.5 a.m./12.5p.m./23degrees (8windchill) a.m./34 p.m. and sunny

good day for riding. and i'm waiting now for my Carradice bag and new light.

i'm really salivating for a new bar setup. this flat bar thing just isn't cutting it. i'd like to do moustache, but all are road size. Van Dessel has a flat (no rise) moustache for $30. that may be low enough to give a try. it might tide me over a year or two before i go to something new. vamos a ver.

Comments

Popular Posts