Evangelicals

just read a brief 'news' report from Yahoo abt evangelical megachurches and their "growing impact on the nation's political landscape" and as those that "build a Republican base". i'm not sure how this is news. is this new? has anyone who hasn't had their head firmly stuck up their @#$@ for the last 6 years notknown this? anyone, and i mean anyone, who reads the 'news' must know that evangelical christians and their suburban megachurch counterparts profoundly and enthusiastically support the demogoguery of both their pastors and the 'man of faith' that is their dunce president Shrub II. For these people, policies and decisions aren't what's important; it's 'faith', even if that 'faith' has nothing to do with Jesus' teachings. Read the damn Bible, especially Jesus' New Testament. Tell me how the actions of these people has anything to do with the teachings of Jesus. Where's the humility? Where's the penitence? Where's the compassion? These people are hypocrites and frauds. I am a borderline athiest, but have heard enough of this at church through the years. What I read and what they read and do have very little to do with each other. I hate them. and moreso I hate that they're endeavouring to interject their beliefs into the greater public sphere. They are the Roman Catholic Church of the 15th and 16th centuries, rotten to the core.

sorry. just venting.

Comments

Doug said…
I remember back in the mid-90's when I decided to read the entire Bible from cover to cover and see for myself what it said. By time I was done I was hopping mad!!! The New Testament and Jesus' teachings is pretty clear to me. What ever happened to turning the other cheek and loving thy neighbor. Gandhi and MLK got it right. Love not bombs.

Popular Posts