Floyd

The whole Floyd saga, I must admit, has me rooting for the "underdog". Down deep, he's probably the 2006 version of "All-American, Whiter-than-snow, Neverdoanytingwrong" Tyler Hamilton, but time has shown that Tyler was, by all accounts, a liar. Is Floyd? He just might be, but his cantankerous and off-kilter upbringing makes me root for him. The doubts, more so, really creep in. He contemplates retirement. He says he will never clear his name. What if he's innocent? He announces that he might compete in the Leadville 100, just like Lance announced a week or two ago.

These guys are doped dogs, probably, but damn I like (watching) bike racing. I watched the 2003 LBL just the other day, and I found it just as exciting knowing Tyler was on the juice. With the kind of $ floating around in pro sports today, who isn't junked up?

Vive le Tour!

Comments

Popular Posts