Buttery Commute

Date: Jan 10 Wed
Mileage: 27 (Bleriot)
January mileage: 134
Year to date: 134

I realized I wasn't going to have much time to ride the Bleriot in the upcoming days, so I decided to commute on the Bleriot. There was no nastiness forcasted, so I wouldn't feel guilty "soiling" the new ride. The a.m. end of it proved to be one of the more pleasant commutes on memory. It was just pleasant. "Like Buttuh". In the p.m. I followed Oak/Virginia/Hale through the West End to Chickasaw, and then Shawnee. It's too bad I didn't have the camera w/ me, because I could've documented the extremely high water on the Riverwalk, which in fact blocked my path. That hadn't happened since 'lance' and I had an adventure a few years ago in much warmer weather. After cutting through the golf course, I got back on track and back onto the Riverwalk, only to be blocked again, this time by a train. I had never seen a train actually blocking the path at that juncture before. Usually they separate the cars, but this time, No. I found myself glad that I'm pretty knowledgeable with directions in that area. For those trying to use the Riverwalk w/out much experience it would be a pretty daunting and defeating experience. Somewhere around 15m or so in I ran out of gas. Don't know if it was the cold (finally more normal winter temps @ 35F), food or what, but I came home pretty casually. A really good day though.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like a great ride (apart from being blocked a couple of times) usually when i decide to go on a nice long ride because the weather is meant to be nice it turns to be some of the worst weather in the year.
LvilleTex said…
The Blogosphere has made me more aware that cycling can be done in SO many different weather conditions. While I do make them sometimes, there is rarely a reason for not riding.

Popular Posts