Commute

Date: Feb 12 Mon
Mileage: 15.5 (CrosscheckBleriot)
February mileage: 71.5
Year to date: 346.5

I thought my morning commute was a bit longer, but it ended up being only 6.5m, practically the shortest possible. It felt good, though, to get back on the commuting horse after a week away. The afternoon provided some damp thrills. Nothing like 39F and rain! Actually, that's better than 32F and rain though. We finally get some precipitation to come through the area and what happens but a warmish front keeps the temps too high for snow. I was prepared, though, with my gore-tex, plastic bags on feet, and layers. One combination that I've mentioned as being really efficient is wearing old, army surplus gloves under Hind running mittens. Not too hot, Not too cold, Just Right!

I'm still struggling with the fender issue, in that fewer of my bikes than I would like have fenders. I don't have a present supply of plastic sign-age to do the Kent fenders, so we'll have to just get wet tomorrow, or ride the fixie.

Comments

Popular Posts