Mas Nieve

Date: Feb 18 Sun
Mileage: 15 (Redline Monocog)
February mileage: 101
Year to date: 376

Another snowy ride on the Monocog, this one perhaps more pleasant than yesterday's. I experienced a near-perfect 10 minutes or so of fun, challenging downhill in Cherokee Park. There have been some land usage issues between the Olmstead Conservancy, the Parks Cheerleader organization and the Kentucky Mountain Bike group. Basically, the Olmsteads don't feel the mtbikers have any real rights to park use. It's been an ongoing tete-a-tete for several years. Nonetheless, the trail I was on today, amongst several, was wonderfully, a curvy but not-too-demanding downhill zigging and zagging in the snow. It was a great brief moment. That's not to say the rest of the ride was bad; it was just that brief interlude that really turned me on. I'm glad I went when I did b/c on the way back I ran across a couple other groups- one of 7 and another of 2- that were on the same trails as I. I was filling up, while the sun was actually making some sections muddy from even the 30 minutes I had earlier passed by. A really nice ride.

Comments

Popular Posts