Mindlessness

An overarching premise of Buddhism is "Mindfulness", the quality of being in the moment and aware of that which is around you. The notion of 'Mindfulness' keeps you grounded in the here-and-now and allows you to develop a mind that is not distracted by all the transient bullshit that normally fills the day. In being mindful, you just accept that this moment of 'anger', 'frustration', 'greed', 'lust', will move on and our moment will become a new one very soon. I've found that my efforts to meditate have helped me. Well, actually they were helping until the work shit flew so dramatically as to hit the very large fan. It's just been so busy and occupied and molestoso and just "sharp". The meditative states and desires (well, not desired per se as they'rea No No, right?) to become centered and not so wound up went out the damn window. I'm bent out of shape with tennis, teenagers, co-workers, responsibilities, you name it. Home is good except for some cold and strep throat, though not on my end. Appropriate preparation and study should lead to a greater awareness and capability to withstand the brunt of the frustration; instead the study leads me to feel even less capable, more diminished, for not being able to cope.

No bike time of late. The tennis kids pissed me off so much today that I'm riding, practice is canceled, and I don't really care if they're inconvenienced. I'm supposed to relieve their suffering, right? Well, I'm going to relieve my own with some potentially wet miles. That will bring a centered feeling!

Comments

Popular Posts