#13- Random Pics

Date: July 15 Sun
Mileage: 15 (9.2.5.)
July mileage: 249
Year to date: 1196

Quick trip up to church to sing this morning (well, practice singing. i've promised to sing next week). tried out cork grips on fixie and i'm very pleased, for a change, of one of my mechanical projects. others remain. this evening i went out for a little more in the neighborhood. muggy, sticky, wet 'ville evening. fixie did great. really thinking of moving up(down) a cog or 2, but no more than. i have to find the happy medium between performance and maintaining knee structure.


Blertiot pic from "Flat Distance" ride on Riverwalk. Colors are washed, but it also displays one of the fine sitting rocks along the walk.

Another from "Flat Distance", this a pic down the walk.

This is the first of two of one of my favorite new gardens in town, this one found on Burnett near to Manual stadium. I pass this sometimes on my commute. It's very free and open and natural- all qualities I appreciate. Although you can't see as much from this pic, there is a nice gravel path winding through this. Oh, and there is the top of the LHT on my ride yesterday.

Another of the same garden, this of the obelisk further towards the house. I like this.

And yet another, this one mirroring my "Monkey Mind" entry from a couple ago, only this one is far more impressive. I think overall this image speaks for itself, whatever the message may be.


I took a couple different pics of the updated 9.2.5. I'm pleased both functionally and aesthetically of the change to flat bars. The Chrome is nice and shiny and the cork contrasts with that. It's a much more comfy bike to ride, given that I really don't like to bend over anymore. And it reflects the switch to the better Terry saddle which has been on several bikes. Sorry for the hose and trashcans, but c'est la vie.


And finally, a pic of Rex, new kitten of friends. I generally don't like cats and find them smelly and unfriendly. This kittie, though, is much sweeter and in this pic, quite cute asleep at the base of the stairs. I should've cropped out my shoes, but I'm lazy.

Comments

Popular Posts