Date: Aug 16 Thurs
Mileage: 14 (Rans)
August mileage: 95
Year to date: 1408
ipod: Shuffle

Mierda, if yesterday was a "No Worries" day in the heat, then today was the "Anvil imbedded in skull betwixt eyeballs" day in the heat. My workspace got very warm in the 1-3.oo hour, so by the end of the work day i was already huffing and puffing from the heat and stickiness. The ride home, and I honestly believe this, may have been the slowest I've ever gone on a commute. time stood still. minutes became hours became days. inert and unchanging. Slow.

But i did make it home, even if a TARC bus almost hit me. they are usually pretty courteous, but this one barely missed me. Yikes! that's a lot of steel. i rode the Rans b/c of the weird saddle-sore-situation, but i don't the the bike made any difference

We went to see Patty Griffin last night. I consider it to be part of being a good husband, accompanying her to shows I don't have that much interest in. it was a very emotive and professional show, and i think the crowd got their money's worth. i lasted until a couple songs before the encore and hung out in the lobby. just not my cup of tea.


And tell me if Jenna Bush here doesn't look like a drag queen version of her father. like an ugly little dumpy son who decide to "be that way". i really dislike him, so the guilt has to be by association. and imagine that she's just as dumb as he is, only that ugly as a woman. not very Buddhist and not very Xristian, but the truth is what it is.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yeah, my dad said the heat there is breaking one record after another. I'm glad I'm not there. (And even happier not to be commuting by bike when it's that hot...)

On the other hand, our radiator-heat house came with a window AC unit for each bedroom. Guess which bedroom's AC doesn't work? Yup, ours, and the previous owner did some weird DIY job on the unit that makes it really tough to get out of the window. So the hubby has been sleeping in the guest BR while I sleep in our much-comfier bed with two fans blowing at me. I'm sure we'll all be glad when summer changes to fall...

--Laura
Anonymous said…
I think Jenna looks pregnant in that picture. What kind of crazy scandal would that be?

Andy

Popular Posts